· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Help, TweakForce! - The Enraging Radeon Pro Duo absurdity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> XG AMD Windows Display Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadStaar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Help, TweakForce! - The Enraging Radeon Pro Duo absurdity Reply with quote

Oddly, AMD has excluded its Radeon Pro Duo dual GPU models from the same benefit of having the gaming drivers, which, as of recent are presented in the form of a new feature called "Driver Options," within the Radeon Pro driver softawre...yet, Radeon Pro Duo single GPU models have this access. Currently, Radeon Pro Duo Polaris 10 and Vega dual GPU models are limited to only the Crimson 17.7 stable. This is odd because AMD hypes both of these card models, and their new Radeon Pro Adrenaline software as being for "creators who create..." which are what many professional end users are!

I tried to install the latest XG... and it seemed to have almost worked. I get further than I do the website drivers, as those versions stop me with a "device unsupported" type error. Your drivers, however, seem to bypass that check. During install, on the left-hand side of the windows it shows "Currently installed: Crimson 17.7" And on the right-side it said "Local: 17.10." It all seemed to have installed successfully, however, both the Radeon Pro Settings, and Afterburner still report Crimson 17.7. I still actually ended up scoring over 100 points higher than usual, however. I still, however, don't have access to Wattman and other gaming options... nor the new "Driver Options" implemented into the new Professional single GPU drivers, which are to allow you to toggle between gaming drivers and pro(stable) drivers. Is there a way to incorporate this optional package into a tweaked driver package that maybe bypasses normal device detection? Normally, on a non-dual GPU Pro Duo driver install, to install it you have to Custom Install and select "Driver Option."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> XG AMD Windows Display Drivers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: