· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Latest HTPC build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Hardware - Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
02wikked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Latest HTPC build Reply with quote

ASUS Z170M-E D3

Intel I5-6400

ASUS GTX 1060 TURBO-GTX1060-6G

Crucial 2x 8GB DDR3L-1600

Samsung SM951 128GB

iStarUSA D-340HB-T

This lil puppy is performing well! Admittedly, I could have sprung for a i5-6500, but when you can get this mobo/cpu combo $260, it was hard to pass up, and allowed my budget to go from a GTX 960 to a GTX 1060.

I haven't tried any gaming as yet, but this this chomps through any video that I have thrown at it without breaking a sweat, even at 4K.

I did have a bit of a heart attack when the ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo arrived. Before installing the card, I installed nVidia's 368.81 driver into the Win 8.1 OS and after booting with the 1060, it was like there was no driver installed.

I tried reinstalling 368.81 but ran into the 'no compatible hardware' issue. Same results for 368.95, 369.00 and 369.05! So WTF!?! Let's check ASUS site.... NVDriver_Vista_Win7_Win8_64_VER368_81WHQL.exe installs fine.

I believe that this is the first time that I needed to install a manufacturer's drivers over any from the nVidia site.
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what version that is. Anyway nice setup dude. I'd be curious to know how the 1060 holds up in 4k in DOOM or GTAV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Hardware - Software Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: