· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

No Mans Sky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Gaming - Benchmark Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: No Mans Sky Reply with quote

anyone getting this or thinking of getting this? i been watching a lot of streamers on twitch , and from what i see this would be fun. if you like exploring ( like i do) and so far the only thing that is keeping me from buying on the pc is the price.

so far $60 is the going rate and i was hoping it was going to be 1/2 that. since it is a sp type game or other words there will be no coop or pvp in this game just you and your ship and your multi-tool .

but from there patch note for the pc release date seems pretty good.
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for PC specific reviews but I'll pick it up on sale at some point.
Boogie30
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did preorder NMS on pc.. As you I like exploration space games. Im pretty sure i will get bored pretty quick, but since its SP it dosent matter if i just pick it up from time to time and explore.
Nobody forcing me too rush to center i can just play for months and months and explore slowly.
About the price tag well perhaps 60 its a little too much for and indie game..
But here where i live few games are cheap usually they cost around 600 danish crowns on consoles which is around 90 usd.. Pc its cheaper usually match the US price of 60usd.
But still even if i think its little too expensive i still got it. Im impatient guy and cant wait for cheaper sales on steam or other places if its something i know i will enjoy, and im space exploration scifi freak so....
One thing i want to make you aware of if you buy.. some articles on the net and players saying if you use the preorder ship right away you miss the quest to get antimatter and hyperdrive blueprints making it impossible to buy a new ship as you will not have blueprint to make the hyperdrive and fuel for it to jump to other systems.
Its on ps4 ofc but who knows, maybe same bug will be present on pc tomorrow. One thing im happy about, the pc will get fov slider in a patch (my eyes bleed looking at people playing it on ps4)
Sean from halo games talking on the NMS site about temporal AA and other things coming soon too and base building frighters etc..
So i hope soon for fov slider and hopeully no texture pop in as it is on ps4 few meters from you building appears first while flying or walking.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm very interesting, i to have seen topics about the pre-order ship causing bugs. just read this site about how PC will be ran on a different server so that PC will have the same chance to name new planets. since ps4 all ready will have like 3 days head start.

http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-pc-server/?bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiAiOWJkNzVkOWQtMDUxMy00NTk3LWE0NmMtYjZmZGZlMGI1ZjQzIn0%3D&utm_campaign=20160414&utm_medium=email&utm_source=boomtrain

but from the patch note that will be out when PC goes live and this info it maybe a good game. cause i really enjoy exploring stuff out. main reason why i loved fallout3 so much. and with division i got to do that as well, but it is not that big or big as NMS is..
Boogie30
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoped that it will be different server then the consoles, they usually dont mix them, and as you say it would be unfair because of the console headstart. But it wouldnt be a problem evnen if they did because:
Watching streamers on twitch playing the game on ps4 since release i didnt see a player named system, planet, plant or animals yet, so the universe may be huge as sean murray says, usually when streamers arrive in new system it still says unexplored for them.
One thing i really dont like is the inventory (its like destiny one or very close), but lets hope they change it a little for pc, if not well i manage somehow with the bad one.

If you decide to buy it, you need to be sure its worth the money for you, because you will be alone most of the time and just explore, name things, craft, collect/sell resourcess on galactic network, and ocassionally fight npc pirates..thats it....
Most of the streamers didnt meet anyone yet so im not sure if the little MP part is in the game at all... two streamers tried to find eachother they went to same planet and place but didnt see eachother at all (possible server issue or dev lied and no mp at all).
But i dont care about MP i like SP games more lately as i played with too many idiots for many years in online games Razz
So in this game nobody will fuck with me while im trying to explore things for myself Very Happy
And hello games tweeted there will be no preload for pc, but not a problem, as they say download will be only 2.6 GB...that makes me believe graphics wont be any better then ps4 but lets hope im wrong.
At least i hope for no texture pop in issues or framerate as ps4 has, and that freaking fov will be adjustible but im not sure it will be patched in the game today on pc release.

Forgot one thing the preorder issue if it happens on pc, people seem to say for them game will give the quest for hyperdrive and antimatter later while they explore the system they start in,but best to not use the preorder ship util you get the quest done.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what streams have said and what i have read on the game. there is no pvp or coop in this game at all. it is a sp game only thing that will happen is if you find a planet or what ever and it has a name and been discovered . but far as seeing other player, nope not going to happen.

but yeah if i do get it, i hope it is on a really good sale lol. but 1 streamer i been going since i started playing division (when it 1st went live) they have a give away and i enter bother drawing for this game. but it wont get drawn till tomorrow some time. i have 3 entries each..b ut i do like the games that have alot of exploring in it and this fits that bill. but the price sure doesnt fit the game
Boogie30
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the price, but i still got it Razz
Im reading on the net there are many people with performance issues and crashes so bad port or not optimized well yet..i have stutter at the beggining after starting the game but it goes away after a while.
Best is to wait now and see how it is after few patches for those that didnt buy it yet.

Fov slider in the menu dosent seem to work, but changing the settings in the config files looks like its changing the fov in game. disabling g-sync in the config files make game less stutter (i dont even know why its enabled as not everybody has g-sync monitor)
Last issue is texture pop in..happens on pc and is even worse i think then what i saw on twitch from ps4 (devs are aware of the issues and working on fixes from waht i can see on twitter) I had no crashes yet as other people reporting.

I didnt expected pvp or multi so i was absolutely sure and not hyped for anything else then what we got. So i like it as it is but sure it will get boring after a while but then i can take a brake and get back to it when i feel like exploring again.
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No demo...single player only...with bugs...for $60. I'm good.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there is bugs and optimizations problem or bad port. but the net is filled with good and bad on this game. then again all games have had that as well, but most didnt run $60 for it.

to bad they didnt do like borderlands does, coop which would have had major sales with just that alone. my self i could care less if it had mp in or not. but i will wait till it comes down in price or a sale.

this 1 twitch streamer i been watching since division came out. they have a give away for the game, for either pc or ps4 so i enter it and i have 6 chances at it. the drawing for it is the 14th not sure what time but i wish i could get a copy for it this way. but as my luck will hold up and i wont win, as per the norm for me (bad luck)

semp remember there has been a lot of games that never had a demo or testing for it and i have a few of them lol but cant remember what they are for the moment..
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer video on the steam store page still shows features that aren't even in the game like world physics and planet scanning.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semp wrote:
The trailer video on the steam store page still shows features that aren't even in the game like world physics and planet scanning.

beside that from what i have herd/read is that the creator stated that there could be mp but so far since release there is no way of that ever happening . so yeah they lied to everyone during the making of the game.
Boogie30
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh the more i play it the more it feels like its early access game Laughing
Oh well i fuck around in game a little more until it gets really boring and go over to deus ex: MD and shadow warrior 2 when they are out.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow just saw they are now saying the dlc will have to be paid for, i thought they said they would be free? WTF

http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-paid-dlc-816/?utm_source=boomtrain&bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiAiMCJ9&utm_campaign=20160414&utm_medium=email
Boogie30
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt Sean say few weeks back, there will be no dlc at all or did i read/heard it wrong?
But too many refunds maybe, thats why??? Laughing
I think NMS its like destiny over again. with shitload of dlc one year from now it will look more like a full release game and not like an early access game.
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a working torrent if you want to try it on your system to see if it will run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Gaming - Benchmark Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: