AMD would like to share a preview of AMD's 12.1 Catalyst driver. Not only does this driver raises the bar on performance and fixes a few issues, but it also introduces quite a few new features, as well as UI enhancements. You'll find the list of changes below.
AMD HD3D technology support enhancement
· Enables support for AMD HD3D technology in conjunction with AMD CrossFireX configurations
· Delivers a new Stereo 3D mode over HDMI 1.4a connections - 1080p at 30Hz is now enabled on supported displays.
AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Application Profiles
· AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver enables users to create per application profiles to individually control 3D and CrossFireX settings for Direct3D applications
· Please be sure to select the “Restore Factory Defaults” option under the Catalyst Control Center Preferences menu before using the new application profiles feature – this ensures there are no compatibility issues between previous drivers and the new AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver with regards to application profiles
AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Video UI improvements
· AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver includes user interface enhancements to simply adjustment of video color and video quality controls
Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver (in addition to the AMD Catalyst 11.11c performance driver)
· Improves performance (10%) in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim when Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing is enabled on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series for single GPU and AMD CrossFireX configurations _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
The AMD Catalyst™ 12.1a Preview driver includes all of the features found in AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview.
Additional changes for upcoming update of Rage
Resolves some new texture corruption issues introduced by the latest version of the game
Improved performance ~5%
Smoother game play and reduces multicore sync points
Fixed mapbuffer failures when switching maps on 32-bit systems.
Fixed a game crash when switching maps back and forth on 32 and 64bit system _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
and as i went to pick what OS i had it had window 8 32/64 bit in the selection.. WTF _________________ Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Intel Core I5 -3570k @ 1.6ghz auto OC to 4.3ghz
Kingston HyperX Red 16gb DDR3-1600mhz 10.10.10
Gigabyte GTX 660 / EVGA GTX660 core@1150mhz/mem@1500mhz
Corsair 850TX 850watt
ASUS Xonar DX
WIN7 Ult 64bit-Mushkin SSD 120gb /Black WD6401AALS 2x640GB/
ASUS 23" 1080P IPS LED (VS239H)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum