Joined: Aug 10, 2007 Posts: 3032 Location: USA / Illinois
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 pm Post subject:
shot i forgot about this thread. i posted this info in the general software section _________________ Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Intel Core I5 -3570k @ 1.6ghz auto OC to 4.3ghz
Kingston HyperX Red 16gb DDR3-1600mhz 10.10.10
Gigabyte GTX 660 / EVGA GTX660 core@1150mhz/mem@1500mhz
EVGA 120-G2-1000-XR =1000watt
ASUS Xonar DX
WIN7 Ult 64bit-Mushkin SSD 120gb /Black WD6401AALS 2x640GB/
ASUS 23" 1080P IPS LED (VS239H)
# Now Precision pauses all activity in suspended mode
# Now Precision is able to detect core clock frequency generator switching to alternate clock source and fix incorrect readings under certain conditions (e.g. when shader/core clock ratio is equal to two (2), and both clock domains are attached to the same source on GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series graphics cards)
# Now Precision displays both raw and traditional (ForceWare xxx.xx) versions when pressing "i" button
# Includes new "Slate" skin
# Minor user interface tweaks _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# Added update checking system.
# Now Logitech keyboard soft-buttons can be used to scroll Precision's LCD text in any direction.
Both vertical and horizonatal scrolling can be easily reset by pressing up and down or left and right scroll soft-buttons simultaneously. _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# All vendor specific hardware access code has been moved from the executable file to separate hardware abstraction layer library (RTHAL.dll) to simplify the process of supporting new hardware products in the future
# Fixed GDI resource leak during monitoring window detachment / attachment.
# EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version 3.4.0. New version adds pre-created On-Screen Display rendering profile for "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" and introduces floating injection address hooking technology aimed to reduce the risk of On-Screen Display detection by third party applications (e.g. anti-cheat systems).
# New skin format v1.2 gives new possibilities to skin developers and reduces skin file size and runtime skin engine memory footprint.
# Reduced CPU usage for simultaneous GPU and PCB temperature readings, both sensors are being read in single pass now.
# Added workaround for SLI mode switching related issues on ForceWare 190.xx series drivers. Now Precision is waiting for the end of SLI mode switching process before retrieving any data via NVIDIA driver API.
# Includes new "Sleek Skins" by Jonttu. _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# Added NVIDIA GeForce G210, GT220 and GT240 series graphics cards support.
# EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version 3.5.0. Floating injection address hooking technology, which has been introduced in the previous version, is now disabled by default and can be enabled via the "Stealth mode" option in the server's properties.
# Added hotkeys cross-links checking, Precision no longer allows defining the same hotkey for two different actions at the same time.
# Added "Browse" button to "Screen capture" tab to allow users to change target folder for screenshots.
# Added inegration with external overclocking stability testing applications. _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
ok the hotkey shortcut IN GAME thats just sick I really want Rivartuner to have that one, hmmmm... if i was not hooked to RT i would try this one out, cause u could bench ur stock clocks and ur OC clocks in one go. That save some time and u can side by side compair ur FPS gain and or loss.
You know this program is written by Unwinder right????
He's also doing a similar program for MSI which I guess they'll bundle up with their cards. _________________ i5-3570k | Asrock Z77 Pro 4 | 8gb DDR3 1600 GSkill | Asus Strix 970 | Creative SB-Zx | Samsung SA27950D | XFX Pro 750w | Win7x64
* Fixed 3D memory clock monitoring on NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 DDR5 series graphics cards
* Added configuration file setting allowing power users to display performance profiler status information in the hardware monitor window.
The information allows estimating average CPU performance hit caused by hardware monitor
* On-Screen Display and Logitech LCD monitoring modules no longer explicitly read displayed data from hardware and retrieve cached data from monitoring graphs instead.
Due to this change CPU performance hit is reduced when OSD or LCD monitoring features are enabled
* Fan speed slider position and numeric fan speed input field are now being refreshed in automatic fan speed mode only when EVGA Precision window is active
* Added configuration file switches allowing power users to tweak Precision startup process and define startup delay or force the startup to be handled by Windows Vista / Windows 7 Task Scheduler to bypass UAC evaluation window (additional Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime libraries installation is required for task scheduler based startup way)
* Added videomemory usage monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards under Forceware 185.xx and newer drivers
* Added GPU usage monitoring for NVIDIA GT2xx and newer graphics cards under Forceware 185.xx and newer drivers
* EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.6.0. New server provides improved desktop windows notification mechanism and also features optional power user oriented task scheduler based startup way
* Reduced runtime skin engine memory footprint due to dynamic skin storage unloading _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
*Added workaround for overclocking bug of ForceWare 196.21.
Please take a note that the workaround is applied only to 196.00 - 196.21 driver versions range in order to ensure compatibility with future fixed NVIDIA drivers. _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# Default tray icon text color has been changed from white to red to improve icon text readability in Windows 7
# Default screenshots folder location has been changed from application folder to common pictures folder
# Full EVGA Precision uninstallation no longer unregisters EVGA OC Scanner
# Fixed units and On-Screen Display group name for videomemory usage graph
# 'Stop the task if it runs longer than 3 days' option is no longer set in thetask settings when using alternate startup mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7
# Screen capture and On-Screen Display hotkey events are now being processed via direct connection to the On-Screen Display server instead of command line. Due to this change Screen capture and On-Screen Display visibility control hotkeys are being processed faster now
# Now 'i' button displays info about active clients connected to EVGA On-Screen Display server, allowing you to see why the server is running on your system
# Now 'i' button displays info about active clients connected to EVGA On-Screen Display server, allowing you to see why the server is running on your system
# Now automatic 2D/3D profiles management feature is unlocked by default
# EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.0. New server gives you a lot of improvements including:
* DirectX 11 On-Screen Display and screen capture support
* DirectX screen capture engine is no longer using DirectX runtimes to capture and compress screenshots. Screen capture and compression to PNG/JPG formats in DirectX applications is now handled by own more effective LIBPNG/JPEGLIB based library
* PNG and JPG screen capture support for desktop and OpenGL applications
* Adjustable JPG screen capture quality for experienced users
* Screen capture support for DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using multisampled antialiasing or non-standard frame buffer formats (e.g. sRGB)
* Optional On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode. New mode uses 3D accelerated DirectX functions to emulate previously used 2D framebuffer access functions and render 2D text. New rendering mode provides On-Screen Display support in DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using multisampled antialiasing and can also drastically reduce OSD related performance hit on the systems with badly optimized 2D acceleration in display drivers
* Simplified On-Screen Display coordinate space settings. Rarely used desktop and window coordinate space modes have been merged into single framebuffer coordinate space mode
* Now the server automatically selects framebuffer coordinate space instead of viewport coordinate space when viewport is not accessible (e.g. if pure Direct3D8 device is in use)
* Improved application notification scheme during runtime profiles adjustment. Now runtime changes in OSD application profiles (e.g. OSD zoom ratio change on the fly) are reflected in affected application almost immedaitely instead of approximately 1 second delay in the previos versions
* Reduced runtime skin engine memory footprint due to dynamic skin storage unloading
* Improved race condition protection system for multithreaded 3D engines (e.g. Dragon Age: Origins and ArmA II)
* Improved race condition protection system for the systems running multiple OSD applications simultaneously (e.g. OSD server, FRAPS and STEAM In-Game Chat)
* Improved floating injection address hooking technology. Due to more advanced built-in code analyzer hooks can be injected deeper into 3D application code if stealth mode is enabled. These changes improve stealth mode compatibility with third party tools using similar stealth injection technologies (e.g. FRAPS v2.9.8 and newer)
* Now stealth mode cannot be toggled during 3D application runtime to reduce the risk of crashing 3D application
* Removed single screen capture per second limitation
* Updated profiles list
# Fixed D3D11 framerate display in Logitech keyboard LCD
# Fixed button saving issue on old NVIDIA graphics cards caused by adding Fermi graphics cards support in v1.9.2
# Unlocked memory downclocking ability on GeForce GTX 400 series under the latest NVIDIA drivers
# Startup profile is now displayed in option floating tooltip
# Floating tooltips help system is now reinitialized properly after runtime skin switching
# EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.1 featuring the following changes:
* Improved On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode compatibility with Source engine based games and Star Trek Online
* Updated profiles list _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# Added fan tachometer monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards.
Please take a note that not all graphics cards are tachometer reading capable.
So depending on graphics card and cooling system fan tachometer monitoring can be unavailable
# Optimized NVIDIA driver-level clock frequency monitoring codepath
# Dynamic overclocking and fan speed limits. EVGA Precision no longer
uses static slider limits calibration and adjusts the limits dynamically
when some external factors affect it (e.g. when minimum fan speed is limited by NVIDIA driver)
# Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized internal skin
panels representation and optimized compiled bitmap cache
# Optional skin compression ability in the built-in skin compiler
# Now EVGA Precion uses previously undocumented power user oriented
startup mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7.
EVGA Precision launch no longer requires UAC confirmation at Windows
startup. Please take a note that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime
libraries must be installed to get new startup mode working
# Now EVGA Precision automatically fixes startup link if or is enabled but
the registry or task scheduler startup entry is missing
# Now power users can enable optional DirectInput based hotkeys
handler via the configuration file. DirectInput based hotkeys processing
can seriously reduce hotkey response time in the applications heavily
loading CPU (mostly 3D games) and leaving not enough time for
processing standard keyboard input message queues. Please take a note
that enabling such sophisticated hotkeys handling mode can cause
some system security applications (e.g. pro-active application behavior analysis
module of KIS) to warn you about possible keylogging threat
# Improved skin engine, now skinned controls support horizontal and/or
vertical centering. Skin format reference guide has been updated to
document these new alignment modes
# EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.2.
New version gives you the following improvements:
* Now screen capture events are identified visually by text message
flashing in On-Screen Display during 0.25s
* Fixed COM security initialization issue causing task scheduler helper library to fail with error code -2 under certain conditions
* 'Start the task only when computer is running on AC power' option is no longer set in the startup task settings to allow
automatically starting application via the task scheduler on laptops or on some UPS models
* Added On-Screen Display profile for Startcraft II : Wings of Liberty _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
# Added software automatic fan control mode allowing end users to define custom temperature to fan speed mapping curve
# Added floating tooltips based help system for advanced EVGA Precision settings window
# Now it is possible to pause hardware monitoring module via "Pause" command in the context menu of hardware monitoring window
# Performance profiler status information is no longer power user oriented, now it is possible to toggle the performance profiler status visibility directly
via "Show status" command in the context menu of hardware monitoring window
# Now it is possible to clear hardware monitoring history via "Clear history" command in the context menu of hardware monitoring window
# Now it is possible to get directly into hardware monitoring graph properties by clicking a tray icon associated with it
or via "Properties" command in the context menu of hardware monitoring window
# Added multilanguage system and sample Russian localization pack
# Added SDK folder containing reference guide documentation for third party EVGA Precision skin and localization creators
# Now core clock controls are displayed on GeForce 400 series if built-in skins are in use.
Please take a note that it is still impossible to adjust core and shader clocks independenty on these cards due to GPU architecture limitations
# Now it is posssible to use both core and shader clock as the primary clock when adjusting the clocks in linked mode
# Removed some outdated options from advanced EVGA Precision settings window
# Framerate monitoring graph limits have been changed to [0,100] FPS
# Fan tachometer monitoring graph limits have been changed to [0,5000] RPM
# Fixed videomemory usage monitoring for non-primary NVIDIA graphics cards
# Added ability to assign a hotkey for toggling the On-Screen Display Server blocking.
This hotkey is aimed to provide a simple way for diagnosing the server related compatibility issues
# Now EVGA Precision uses previously undocumented power user oriented DirectInput based hotkey handler.
New hotkey handling mechanism drastically reduces hotkey response time in applications heavily loading CPU.
Please take a note that new sophisticated hotkeys handling can cause some system security applications
(e.g. KIS proactive defense module) to warn you about possible keylogging threat
# Now screen capture events are also indicated by notification messages in the hardware monitoring window _________________ CPU:i7 930 @ 4.2 HSF:Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Mobo:P6X58D-E Memory:GSkill 6G @2000 Graphics:GTX 780 OC Monitor:LG W2753VOS:Win7 Pro 64Case:Corsair 500R
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum