· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vista or XP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vista Or XP
Vista
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
XP
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 26

SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad i seen that, but in a way it does look cool in other, Shocked but i think they do start to have problems they may add a fan to it to help cool it

also here is a link that compares the 2 together.
http://auzentech.officewebsiteonline.com/data/FinalComparisonChart2.pdf
it is a PDF file but it does show the good high lights of the card i had and have.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reading. They don't quite say Creative used crappy components, but they come pretty close...

I wish they'd used some of the dolby software rather than the Creative stuff. Prologic 2 and Dolby headphone are much better than Creative's CMSS
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay the thing is i got a 5.1 medusa headset plugged into the back of my fatal1ty and a coaxial cable in the front panel and i cant get my z5500 that are running coaxial to run 5.1 i really dont know why either! It scares me that the auzentech uses the same software which makes me think i will be spending a shit load of money to just have the same prob!

I mean i could plug my 5.1 into the back with a special cable but then i cant switch to my headset cause my headset has 4 plugs which go into the sound card and running the z5500 off the coaxial cable should be able to produce 5.1 over the speakers!
adrichardson

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Auz is the best solution if you're running 5.1 over digital. Creative's support there isn't exactly legendary, but it's one of Auz's biggest strenths. There's dedicated connectors, so no worries! (Hopefully somebody with one can confirm this).
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does have those connector on it and the fiber can be used with the adapters so i think it can work. Yes it has CL made drivers but i think they are under contract to do so. and since my Prelude just got a driver update. compared to the CL card have not, and i am talking about XP drivers not Vista.

but Auzentech driver do not have all of that bloat ware that CL driver do, all of that non essential BS they got. but i don't use a house system for sound so i can't really tell you if it is better or not.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guessi will have to ebay mine and when i get the money for it i will buy the other one, tired of having a million computer parts just laying around that cost a goldmine
GOZ
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Vista 64bit SP1 now again....... And I don't think I'm going back to XP again I'm liking vista ......for now LOL
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea just noticed SP1 on windows update last night. Install went smooth on the wife's rig.
Sycuss
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze u just got the update
i have had it available for ages now.... just want to do a reformat b4 i do sp1....

! more week then its summer and even though i am taking one class i will have a tad more free time so i can do a reformat.
mrmarkwalker
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vista is.......going to be what we are "downgrading" our new Windows WONDERVISTA for in 5 years. We will be saying "oh the new wondervista is aweful" no way am I going to use that!. Do you see what I am saying. You can laugh you can mock but think about what people said between the last windows releases..... Its the cycle of life (why am I thinking of a lion king song?) ahem! anyway yeah thats my two cents I think we should just all get on with vista if only for direct X 10 shinies coming up.

Cheers for listenin
adrichardson

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure... The reason people are downgrading to XP is becuase it's incredibly stable, light on resources and well supported. Other than DX10, there's nothing you can do in Vista that you can't do in XP. The main reason for this is the length of time XP has been around, which has given them time to squash the bugs.

On the other hand Vista is still in its infancy. It's not been around long; bugs still need fixing, it's resource hungry and it's still not incredibly well supported. SP1 didn't make a huge difference, IMHO. Copying's now bearable, but that's about it as far as changes on mine go. I'm hoping SP2 will be more of a milestone, and bring it up to server 2008 standards (which is shaping up to be a great OS). I'm worried that they'll release Windows 7 first though, and end up shelving Vista.

DX10 is only worth switching for if you've got a system capable of playing the games. The least you really need is a 640mb 8800gts (it's not worth the headaches you get on a 320mb gts) and a decent dual core.
mrmarkwalker
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not even a high spec system by todays standards though.... a core2duo can be had for peanuts. I have the 8800GT 512 that was like 95 quid and im running all direct X games flat out on it (on my HDTV) so i dont see what the big deal is. Vista runs games fine now, with a sub 500 pound machine. Xp is a thing of the past I know it was great but surely its time to move on. All of your rigs will run DX10 games flawless so why not?
adrichardson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the DX10 game. I can max CoH and Bioshock, and get around 60fps, but that's with a lot of overclocking. Crysis manages a respectable 37fps on high. An 8800gt is the absolute minimum I'd consider for DX10 gaming, and even it would be advisable to overclock unless you want to turn the eyecandy down. I've seen what happens with our 8400 (ok, so it's not really enough for gaming regardless) and 8600gt!

What res are you playing at on your hdtv?
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i finally got my second HD (counting the two i got in raid as one cause i use them as one anyway) got a Seagate 500g Barracuda with 32mb cache partitioned to to give Vista 200gb and 300 gb for both drivers to store crap on and install went smooth this time, both XP and Vista are running clean, so i am happy!

Have my Xp for doing my overclocks and my Vista for fanciness (lol) and just to be cool
adrichardson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that was my plan too. Got hooked on Vista though, so only use XP as a backup (or for anything I don't want to mess around with in Vista).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: