· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vista or XP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vista Or XP
Vista
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
XP
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 26

SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just reinstall XP Pro 64bit SP2 yesterday and so far so good. got 4 games install to. only thing is disk keeper that i have is not 64bit which sucks. but the perfect disk 2008 is. so i wish i save that key i had for it now. but i need to get with that person again and get it from them.

so far i like this now and with this sound card i have even more so no problem with in game sound like i did with the creative cards i have had, including the latest xfi.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the card just as good as a working x-fi or better!
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e30Birdy wrote:
is the card just as good as a working x-fi or better!

birdy are you asking me? if so then yes this Auzen tech XFI Prelude sound 100x better then any of the creative cards i have had. which does include the xfi xmusic and xfi fatality gamer pro as well. also with this mobo it just rocks!!

and Auzen driver go either way to, XP 32 or 64 bit , its all in the driver its self.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd imagine the Auzen sounds a lot better than Creative. They hand picked the components, rather than going for whatever was dirt cheap at the time. I was hoping Creative would just turn into a chip manufacturer like Cmedia, and contract out the manufacturing for everything...
heklos
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was at home last month, Creative released new drivers for my XFI card and it fixed the issues with the hardware wizard saying its denied access and I was able to fire up the machine with 4gb of ram on VU64.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they've finally sorted it? Would be cool if they have.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the 2.15 driver and it didnt do any good for me i tried it, i think i might sell my x-fi and get a azuntech card like yours scav, how much is the retail on those!

btw quick offtopic question, how the hell do i make the forum auto put my sig on cause i got to click attach sig everytime!
adrichardson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profile>always attach my signature Razz N00b Rolling Eyes

I was thinking about doing the same with my X-Fi, but I'm not sure how big the difference really is... Some people say you don't notice it, others say you do. I don't know - maybe it's one of those things where you need the ears of 14 year old to notice the difference. Not sure I want to blow that kind of money just to find out Razz Either way, it seems to get around the 4gb barrier, which point the finger right at Creative's shitty manufacturing process!
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bit the bullet when i got my prelude. it cost more then the xfi fatality i sold to GOZ. which was a newegg rma card. but i really like this card and the sounds are a lot better then any cl card i have had. which goes from 5.1 to 7.1
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money is no object, i want my shit working, i cant even get my z5500 to work in 5.1 for some fookin reason!

wow the prelude looks like gerbage campared to my fatal1ty, but the thing prolly sounds 10x better cause i can get everything to work on it! and finally hear what 5.1 sounds like on my z5500
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e30Birdy wrote:
Money is no object, i want my shit working, i cant even get my z5500 to work in 5.1 for some fookin reason!

wow the prelude looks like gerbage campared to my fatal1ty, but the thing prolly sounds 10x better cause i can get everything to work on it! and finally hear what 5.1 sounds like on my z5500

really ?? since i do not. since i had both side by side, guess i should have ataken a few picture to show the high quality of the Prelude compared to the lack of quality of the fatality i had. since i saw much better work on the prelude and the caps alone look like one of the reason why it cost me more.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i just mean the card looks simple! the x-fi looks all spacy high tech and shit! i guess i will have to get a prelude, or you just take yours out and send it to me scav
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e30Birdy wrote:
no i just mean the card looks simple! the x-fi looks all spacy high tech and shit! i guess i will have to get a prelude, or you just take yours out and send it to me scav
< uhm NO!!!

actually the Auzen tech looks a hole lot better and more higher quality parts compared to the fatality. even the picture i can see the better capacitors. they are made of the better dielectric then the cheap plain caps of the fatality. even the pc board is a little thicker to, well looks like it.

but i got mine from Newegg and i think i paid around $250 or more. dam i just now check Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156005
SOB!!
Original Price: $199.99
You Save: $25.00
$174.99
3 Business Day Shipping $7.70

wish they had it at this price when i got it. well the time would be now if your going to get one Birdy.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a picture of both card from the top view, i got them from Neweggs web site
fatality

Prelude

and another thing with this Auzen tech, you can buy even better OPAMP chips. fatality does not. beside this Prelude has a lot to offer for some one into more then just games, people that listen to music this thing can be plug into just about any thing.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be seduced by the power of the red LED! Seriously, WTF was the idea there - it must be good cos it lights up?! The Auzen looks better if you know what you're looking at, but if you want something that looks seriously cool you'll want the Xonar D2 Razz I'm a bit surprised Auzentech don't make an emi shield for it... In all fairness they do bugger all for sound, and probably just make it run hotter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: