· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vista or XP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vista Or XP
Vista
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
XP
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 26

Sycuss
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ok first of all vista has a issue where it can take 2 days or 3 to settle down and to start functioning properly. to me it sounds like u installed 32bit Vista. not the 64bit.

Now this is just baised on the fact that i have only had one major problem with vista as an OS. MY biggest complaint is that i purchased Ultimate instead of home premium. the ultimate extras are nothing but a joke. *I turned them off the first chance i had.

Generally speaking ur not technically loosing the .5 gigs or 512 mb of ram its just hidden.

as for your X-fi sound card not working correctly is FING CREATIVES LACK OF DRIVER SUPPORT. i have the same issue even with the new driver they made for my integrated card. took them a year to release a new driver for my x-fi extreme audio.

Every system depending on what u try to optimize can have problems.
The very very first thing i disabled was VISTAS UAC. thats just retarded once that was off it was smooth sailing.

Man u got one with SP1 on it LOL that really sucks cause thats the only thing that has been causing me problems LOL is SP1. I am pretty sure i was having Problems with Vista Sp1 because of a very old Nforce network driver.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well trust me i know what i bought and installed and it was 64bit version, and i am not the only one having problems with it, if you look at the numbers these days of how many people are buying pc's now then you would see cause of vista the numbers went way down cause there are way to many probs!

My drivers cant be outdated cause this board was just relased on the market and most stores or online shops are accually still waiting on them to be delivered!

I disabled UAC and was smart enough to research and talk to vista owners about what version i should buy and decided on Home Premium x64 bit! Yes i know Creative has problems, but i havent tried the hacked drivers yet for the card and will prolly get a xfi2 when it comes out anyway

But as for now i am not installing Vista till i buy myself another harddrive, this system is runnign so smooth in xp right now its amazing! And in vista i had nothing but problems with anything i tried to play around with, IE kept shutting down cause it had some kind of problem, same with firefox, and then my icq and the list continues! IMO Vista is a garbage OS, and any overclocker will agree that in any type of overclocking procedure they do they use xp to test it cause of vistas crap! Some get lucky and everything runs smooth and some get fucked like i did, or even semp!
Sycuss
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e30Birdy wrote:
But as for now i am not installing Vista till i buy myself another harddrive, this system is runnign so smooth in xp right now its amazing! And in vista i had nothing but problems with anything i tried to play around with, IE kept shutting down cause it had some kind of problem, same with firefox, and then my icq and the list continues! IMO Vista is a garbage OS, and any overclocker will agree that in any type of overclocking procedure they do they use xp to test it cause of vistas crap! Some get lucky and everything runs smooth and some get fucked like i did, or even semp!

Oh i know and i think i was having the same problems u were... I only noticed your post about getting the SP1 version of Home Premium of vista more than half way through my post LOL.

VISTA SP1 left my computer crippled, most of my system services were crashing left and right, my network adapter worked but was not being shown as even installed. Fire fox would crash. I am tempted to reformat and try a freash install of vista then install sp1 however I personally think my Hybrid 680I witha 530I chipset mobo is generally causing most of these problems cause they all seem for me at least to directly relate to my Nforce network drivers.

Yes I do too test in XP when i have been trying to OC.... lol.

I am sry for seeming to bite ya, but i was just curious. because for me my LIST started with SP1, and i am SOOOOOoooooooo reluctent to even install it.

the fact that i will have to remove 3 sticks of my ram to install vista again has me not wanting to to a reinstall.

I wish Microsoft would explain why vista fubars and halts the install when 4 gigs or more ram in inserted during install.
masterfaster
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP Pro x64 Edition with SP2 is extremely stable and fast. Forget about Vista.
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good sycuss i waited to buy vista till i service pack 1 was even released and then halted to my comp parts were released so i accually got it all last week and i just think service pack 1 is a joke that Microsoft is trying to play with people, i have one of the newest chipset and so on and still lots of garbage instability, i will see how it turns out with service pack 2

Sorry if my post sounded like i was angry i really was at my comp not at anyone personally
nurface
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear some with Vista problems. I haven't seen a problem with Vista once I got rid of my Corsair and EVGA 680i board. I was getting so many BSOD and made me think Vista is killing me but it was hardware not OS in the end. I haven't seen a problem other than Xfire crashing my system. I ran my system at default for a while before over clocking. On the old setup with Corsair and EVGA board system crashed or locked up once I overclocked. I didn't have any heating problems at all. I simply replaced RAM with Crucial and got a Intel p35 chipset and my system OC's fine with no crashing. I have to say at first Vista got blame but I have now got full faith in Vista. I never did UAC.
am
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect those having issues with Vista SP1 are in a minority. It worked well enough with thousands of beta testers and two release candidates before going RTM. It works flawlessly with me. So it may be some rare mix of hardware and drivers that are causing problems and with a very small number of users.
Starbuck
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Vista Business over here (school license to be precise), and the only thing why I ever considered to go back to XP was because of my M-Audio sound card. But since the first of April they released a stable Vista driver. I see no reason to go back to XP.

Vista is stable for me, it works fine with all my applications, all my hardware works flawlessly now, the games I like still run great, and I just LOVE the new start menu Smile (Ease of use to quickly find any application).
adrichardson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gui and DX10 are really the only reasons to bother with Vista at the moment. With SP3, I think XP is firmly going to win any performance battle (at least since sp1 I can copy large numbers of files in Vista - before it was quicker to boot into XP and do it Razz ).
e30Birdy
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am prolly gonna order another sataii next month and then dual boot... i will see when the time comes around for now vista is just gonna collect dust!
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll slipstream sp1 to my Vista install disk and see what happens. Guess I'll pull 2 gigs of memory while I'm at it. Crazy how XP32 doesn't support 4gb of ram but the OS will still install fine....Vista on the other hand...monkeyshat.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not Vista, it's your X-Fi. It really has issues with 4gb+. Only workaround is pull 2gb, install, then put the 2gb back in again. Even then there's still a chance it won't work (which is precisely why I'm staying at 3gb until I ditch my X-Fi).
am
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4gb and X-fi issue I think only applies to Vista 64? TBH, I've never had this issue at all with my Vista32 since the early days of Vistas release.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm im kind of glad i still have my xp pro 32 and 64 bit. just need to try 64bit again here soon. maybe ill slide another HD in and dual boot it. cant wait for the real SP3 to come out.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am wrote:
The 4gb and X-fi issue I think only applies to Vista 64? TBH, I've never had this issue at all with my Vista32 since the early days of Vistas release.

That makes sense - I don't think Vista 32 will see more than 3.25gb, so it wouldn't be affected. 64 would see they whole 4gb, so the problem kicks off. I really hope they don't bother with a 32bit version of Windows 7 - the sooner they force devs to wake up and smell the 64bit flavoured coffee the better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: