· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Current nForce Chipsets now a piece of History!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a good move from nVidia or not?
Bring on hybrid SLi
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Integrated graphics suckzors!
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
WTF is SLi?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

vläd
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Current nForce Chipsets now a piece of History! Reply with quote

TG Daily is reporting that Current and future owners of Nvidia’s nForce 790i Ultra SLI and SLI chipsets own a piece of history!

Apparently, these will be the last nVidia motherboards that do not incorporate integrated graphics capabilities.

Get 'm why their hot everyone! I guess it's a bit of coincidence that my Striker II Extreme arrived today.
Xenon
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the integrated GPU is a great idea, besides having an extra GPU onboard to accompany your discrete GPU(GPU Physics processing?).

Think about the mainstream market, people buying a NVIDIA/AMD/ATI mobo, and automaticly has a powerful enough GPU to run UT3 at a decent detail quality setting. This might just save PC gaming.

I can imagine it already, parents buy PC for 8 year old kid for cheap price, but cheap PC has powerful integrated GPU with chipset, kid surf online and found out about awesome FPS games like UT3, Crysis, Source engine games, and COD4 and moar, then downloads demo for them. Then the kid likes them a lot and pester unknowing parents to buy them. Kid gets all the games, and this WILL in turn, give us a new generation of DEVOTED PC gamers that will save our sacred gaming platform and hobby.

Bwaahaaahaahaahaahaahaa, AMD took the step first, then NVIDIA now did it, Intel will have to follow. Finally some hope for PC gaming. Twisted Evil

Besides all that, HTPC with a cheap AMD Phenom X3 running on either the AMD chipset with integrated GPU, or NVIDIA's offering with their integrated GPU.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense I suppose - even with a discrete gfx card there's still plenty of things that could be off-loaded to an onboard gpu. Physics work is the obvious one, but I'm sure there's other things.

What I'd like to see is more high quality DSPs on mobos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: