· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

TimerTool (helps reduce DPC latency...micro stutters)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Hardware - Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inmani
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: TimerTool (helps reduce DPC latency...micro stutters) Reply with quote

I found a great free timer tool.
https://github.com/tebjan/TimerTool

Quote:
Verison 3 minimizes to system tray and can be started with command line arguments "-t peroidVal" and "-minimized". e.g. put a .bat file into your autostart with the following code:

C:\PathToTool\TimerTool.exe -t 0.5 -minimized

Explains how to setup a command line argument for it and the timing period value that minimizes to your system tray and will auto start with a .bat file all though I made a registry to do so.

Here's how I set mine up. Create a text file name it TimerTool open it and save it as TimerTool.reg with the code below. Adjust the file path directory location as needed to where you have the program located.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"TimerTool"="\"D:\\File Backup Folder\\Registry Tweaks\\Windows 10\\TimerTool\\TimerTool.exe\" -t 0.5 -minimized"

End result is it'll auto run on startup minimized to task tray location and adjust your timer resolution to reduce your latency. It helped reduce my latency spiking in DPC latency in half which is great. Also worth mentioning I'd advise not to change program properties compatibility to run as administrator because while UAC is useful the prompt itself is annoying especially for startup items and this will function perfectly fine without the need for it.
inmani
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"TimerTool"="\"D:\\File Backup Folder\\Registry Tweaks\\Windows 10\\TimerTool\\TimerTool.exe\" -t 0.5014 -minimized"
I tweaked this slightly I found -t 0.5014 -minimized works best from what I've seen by the lowest setting goes to (05.103 ms) with this tweak it sets it to (0.5066 ms) which is next tick higher the tool reads as a change and works better in general from what I've seen maybe something to do with P0 idle states or something I'm not sure, but worked better in my personal experience. This tweak fixes DPC Latency Checker's windows timers issues on windows 10 and improves CPU latency in general a slight bit. Adjust the folder directory path as needed to your TimerTool.exe location!
inmani
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tweaked this further which added even better stability!

This is my new recommendation based on my testing though I need to try testing different settings under gaming loads to see if I can get reduced latency in those situations or not as I'm curious at this point.

Code:
"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"TimerTool"="\"D:\\File Backup Folder\\Registry Tweaks\\Windows 10\\TimerTool\\TimerTool.exe\"  -t 0.5067 -minimized"

I've effectively reduced my latency us by about 500us which is like the latency difference it's about x19.67 times lower overall latency...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Hardware - Software Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: