· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Xtreme-G 372.90 WIN8.1-10 x64
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> XG Nvidia Windows Display Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

mjnko1988 wrote:
As always thanks for the tweaked drivers, really helps a lot for having a more optimized performance on my rig.

Anyways - I need a bit of help. Apparently on Windows 10 (same driver or even up to the oldest drivers that doesn't have the mouse pointer glitch), my GPU clock, Voltage, Memory Clock, and Shader Clock would half its values when I'm watching a video on my browsers.

And when I play my games - it doesn't go back to normal (stock clocking or even OC'd).

I tried installing Windows 7 on the same rig, but this problem doesn't occur (it stays always on the clocks I set it even when watching).

My only workaround that works is the use of the NVIDIA PowerMizer Manager program to reset it by force (this includes disabling the Overheat Slowdown Override, but the problem persists)- which I don't really like to.

I tried the steps on other forums about setting certain settings on the MSI Afterburner and on the NVIDIA control Panel (setting it to Maximum Perofmrance does not help as well). So far - no cigar.

My GPU's NVIDIA GTS 450

If someone could help me permanently disable this troublesome problem, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

NOTE: I used the same drivers from this thread on Win10 and Win7 - like I said above, Win7 didn't encountered this problem.

A similar problem.Win 10 64x GTX 550TI SE
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen on the stock driver also?
dragondale13
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have yet to change these and Skyrim SE is still running fantastic...DSR x4 + RTSS locked @ 40fps, Vsync on in game with approx. 87 mods...Verdant Grass + SFO with default setting of 60 grass height actually gave me a boost in smoothness outdoors...so awesome! Very Happy..one thing though, the game suffers from sudden CTD out of nowhere when the mods list goes over 5gb...don't know if it's related but setting Skyrim.ini/SkyrimPrefs.ini, in the My Documents folder to "Read Only", seems to cure it as far as I can tell.

MICROSOFT XBOX 360 CONTROLLER • SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128 GB SSD • SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB HDD
LITE-ON BLU-RAY BURNER • CORSAIR H100I V2 - CORSAIR H75 - NZXT KRAKEN G10 - 7 FANS • CORSAIR HX850 PSU
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO X64 • NZXT PHANTOM 410 MOD
Devos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semp wrote:
Does this happen on the stock driver also?

Unfortunately yes, can you fix it?
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new driver incoming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> XG Nvidia Windows Display Drivers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: