· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Star Citizen crowdfunding Wing Commander by Chris Roberts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Gaming - Benchmark Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WormKing
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Star Citizen crowdfunding Wing Commander by Chris Roberts Reply with quote

Its Crowdfunded uses the Crytek 3 engine and was done by the wing commander Creator Chris roberts,,
Looks kinda Wing Commander meets Frontier Elite / Freelancer

NO SHITTY PUBLISHER INVOLVED.
ALL FOCUS ON A PC VERSION

YES!

Check out the trailer and donate some if you want....
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

This one will ressurrect pc gaming

at the end of 2014 Razz
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i got into this last yr with a 325a with lti on it and this month they got the arena commander going so you can do 1 of 2 things, 1 you can get to just fly around to get the hang of flying it and the 2nd is get to fight the AI
WormKing
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they make sooo many promises and added so many features just to keep the kickstarter insanity ongoing.

I dont think this might work, but we will see.

Turned from a Spaceship sim to a universe sim already.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WormKing wrote:
they make sooo many promises and added so many features just to keep the kickstarter insanity ongoing.

I dont think this might work, but we will see.

Turned from a Spaceship sim to a universe sim already.

far as i known it was all ways going to be a mmo space sim cause they have been talking about a persistent universe which you will be able to do just about anything and be anything as well.

and they are close to 48mill in crowd funding
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/
WormKing
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the new features are simply overkill imo.

Check out all the Stretchgoals. This is just too much to realise yet and its still ongoining.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

This might go horribly wrong or we see the biggest and best game ever.

80:20 here
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to imagine the server costs to maintain all of these features and a playercount this large without it being a lagfest.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know the stretch goal all to well, i have been watching it. and the hanger mod been doing good and with the arena commander mod is cool as well and the mega feature it has for flying is off the charts.

and since they have broken so many records for crowd funding a lot has been add to the game early on and i do mean alot. plus more and more employees to work on it.

the dog fighting or mp side of it is out , i havent tried it yet i still dont like part of the key binds they hard coded and untill they unlock it i dont know when ill get into the dog fighting part of it.

and yeah the amount of people that are in it all ready does make you wonder about what kind of lag there will be.
WormKing
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCAVENGER1 wrote:
i know the stretch goal all to well, i have been watching it. and the hanger mod been doing good and with the arena commander mod is cool as well and the mega feature it has for flying is off the charts.

and since they have broken so many records for crowd funding a lot has been add to the game early on and i do mean alot. plus more and more employees to work on it.

the dog fighting or mp side of it is out , i havent tried it yet i still dont like part of the key binds they hard coded and untill they unlock it i dont know when ill get into the dog fighting part of it.

and yeah the amount of people that are in it all ready does make you wonder about what kind of lag there will be.

I am glad i didnt preordered yet. Maybe the Elite Remake might be the better choice.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

All overhyped Games turned into Crap. D3 , Hellgate London etc. I will wait and judge the final product.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WormKing wrote:
SCAVENGER1 wrote:

I am glad i didnt preordered yet. Maybe the Elite Remake might be the better choice.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

All overhyped Games turned into Crap. D3 , Hellgate London etc. I will wait and judge the final product.

they release this mode called "capture the core" and from some video i have seen that player have made with the arena commander and the flying option you have and wow it has a lot even i didnt know about it till this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCRQnk3i2QA&list=PLLIpxKqkltYo6C6VRMXah_uVZYzd8SxJB
and this person has a few video of how to fly good and get better i havent tried the program ha stats using while flying. but voice command and they past $49 million

also they gave all who have a game package a free 1000 UEC credit so you can buy 1 of the new poster art for your hangar. i have alot all ready and i have all the fish they have as well.

i do know my system wont be able to handle it on max gfx cause im all ready laggy with med to low settings now on high im lucky to hit 20 fps
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out that there is big trouble in on this game now. guess 1 of the biggest backers for the game. i mean like $250k talk about a major backer. guess the 1 that was in the news think last yr or early this yr. guess he was asking some major question about where the money been going to.

guess cloud emporium taxes was spotted. and it looks like they almost filed bankruptcy. which got the guy asking ?? about where has the over $118 million dollars went to? guess they gave the dud all his money back and basically told him to be quite about it. well he isnt cause he is asking them to post full disclosure of where all the money has been going into.

so i guess there is a law suit against them for not posting this info. if they do not post this info i guess by law they have to return everyone money.. in a way i sure hope they do cause i havent been playing it at all, of what has been out.

im not in it for much since i have 1 ship and a upgraded hangar, also have a really nice mouse pad and a not pat with pen and playing cards. and beside every fish you can get and poster art for the hangar.

just wish i had some links for info, so far it was told to me by another player late last night
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Gaming - Benchmark Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: