· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

I think Ati gonna grab market like intel c2d did

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nvidia Is Out
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
No
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 10

Desi_Doubkle
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: I think Ati gonna grab market like intel c2d did Reply with quote

Here's why:

Thinking about it, so far Nvidia is late to the game. They have half-decent cards but honestly for the first time in a long time, the previous high-end card's performance has come down to the mid-range and rather fast.

The 7850 is an absolute monster beating an ocd 480 on a stock cooler through overclocking.

The rest of them as well, this is just embarrassing for Nvidia Imo. I wouldn't count Nvidia out yet, but it seems for far too long they relied on brute force and brand name (like AMD so long ago) to bet it in with gamers and look at Intel today.

Things can still swing either way, but I feel like Ati has been 'winning' since the 5000 series. What's yall opinion?

I just really think that having a 7850 overclock and a whoop a 580 under 100watts while a 480 needing over 300 to do it is just Derp.
GeekGuy
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think nVidia is out by a long shot. They are hitting it where it counts- profit. AMD is making monsterous cards that are expensive to produce (7000 series) and prior to that were making cards they were selling at razor thin margins because they couldn't compete on performance. The GTX 680 which was originally supposed to be the 660 is making a good profit, and they are also focusing on ARM for tablets which is a lucrative market. They also have a serious stranglehold on the professional market with the Quadro.
inmani
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tegra/Android is a gold mine waiting to explode moving forward that could replace or supplement in a highly positive way traditional x86 desktops moving forward.

If Nvidia ever integrates and fuses ARM on it's GPU's and can sandbox it as a full screen or windowed front end program so users can use both ARM and x86 simultaneously for different purposes then watch out the potential and implications are near endless particularly if they could do with 4K resolution touch input monitor devices.

There is all ready a lot of great software for android and it's just touching the surface of the potential it has moving forward. A lot of it obviously just isn't up to snuff yet or isn't there yet, but it's moving in that direction none the less Jelly Bean for example is suppose to add or improve support for midi and audio interfaces which will open up a world of new possibilities and enhancements.

Add in things like integration of external sata, firewire, and a physical ethernet connection and it'll open up lots of possibilities hell potentially even a ADAT connection tons of possibilities to make Tegra and Android better and better integrating/syncing them with x86 currently you can remote desktop with them, but physical integration pairing with x86 would be so much nicer.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having recently bought an AMD netbook, all my old gripes with their drivers remain (like the latest chipset drivers sticking in sata 150 mode). I'd definitely think twice about buying AMD for my main rig Sad

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the tablet market - Nvidia are pretty firmly embedded, but AMD and Intel are could bring some interesting stuff to the table.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one love my ati aka 5870 and after 3 plus yrs it is still kicking ass. and beside i got tired of them dam new/beta driver every day or every other day WTF !! all i want to do is play games on max and enjoy and not worry if the gfx driver will work with the game...

the only thing i miss is the physix on games that have it enabled, thats the only thing i miss....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: