· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Obama appoints RIAA's top lawyer into his DOJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it he selected RIAA's top Attourney into the DOJ?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

EvilAP
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Obama appoints RIAA's top lawyer into his DOJ Reply with quote

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10133425-38.html

Just saw this and I thought this guy preached change.

It looks like our DOJ shall be suing the U.S.'s socks off very very soon.

Thank god we all get that stimulus check this year so we can pay it back to Perelli.
Mattavich
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it said IRA for a second there!
adrichardson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't approve of his appointment, but not because of the RIAA connection. The Jammie Thomas verdict is going to be a major obstacle to any court action, and it's more likely they'll resort to putting pressure on ISPs instead (which should be great fun for the lawyers).

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/30/riaa_appeal_refused/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/20/riaa_drops_legal_campaign/

Personally I think Perrelli and Biden are going to be a disaster. Neither of them has any respect for the rule of law, as we've seen from the corners they've tried to cut over the various RIAA issues. Anyone who thinks that delegating judicial and investigative powers to a pressure group is a good idea shouldn't be let within 1000 miles of the White House!
EvilAP
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the bad thing Adrichardson is that Biden was with the MPAA and now Perelli is from the RIAA.

I don't know if he is keeping them close to keep tabs on them or whether he truly supports both those organizations suing the pants off 85 year old grandmothers without PC's the diceased and college kids who are broke as it is. That seems to be the three major targets of the RIAA and the MPAA.

Or perhaps Obama is just naive to the two organizations and doesn't know what they are about which wouldn't make much sense considering the man is very familiar with computers being a lawyer himself.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is Obama lied about change knew both those two other lawyers very well and promised them he'd appoint them if he was elected president. Unless the only change he kept mentioning was for our pockets or to help repair our broken economy but even if that is the case how many people right now are downloading because they have less than 10 bucks left a week due to reduced pay due to switching jobs or no pay at all and are temporarily on unemployment or welfare.

Either way it just ticked me off quite a bit to see the RIAA attourney get appointed the other day.

I shall stop raving like a lunatic now.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll definitely make for interesting times Sad I suspect we'll see start seeing dodgy anti-terrorism powers being exploited to extradite dangerous file sharers Rolling Eyes Meh - if there's one thing being a lawyer has taught me, it's never trust a lawyer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: