· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Most Stable Drivers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most stable XG Forceware XP driver? x86
163.xx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
167.xx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
169.xx
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
174.xx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
175.xx
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

diznanl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Most Stable Drivers? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I was wondering if there is a consensus on which XP drivers are most stable? 169.xx? 163.xx? 174.xx? 175.xx?

I have an x86 machine, using a EVGA 8800GTX and 175.63 currently installed. So far, it's been great, except for one freeze about 1 and 1/2 hours in a game.

If there is a agreed upon "most stable" driver, let me know. Thanks! Cool
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no best driver that I have found. Drivers run different on every setup. Same thing can be said about stability. I've seen drivers that run like butter on my rig but run like crap on the same card in a different configuration. Older drivers tend to work better on older hardware. The only true way to find the best driver for you is trial and error and if you don't like trying new drivers all the time then find one that works for you and stick with it until you see some good feedback on a driver that might run better on your setup.
SCAVENGER1
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semp wrote:
There is no best driver that I have found. Drivers run different on every setup. Same thing can be said about stability. I've seen drivers that run like butter on my rig but run like crap on the same card in a different configuration. Older drivers tend to work better on older hardware. The only true way to find the best driver for you is trial and error and if you don't like trying new drivers all the time then find one that works for you and stick with it until you see some good feedback on a driver that might run better on your setup.

aint that the truth semp!! lol been there done that.
fear
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked all the 163's but Im using the 175.63's .. Tons more performance on the 163's but better eye candy with newer sets.. So I went for the better looking ones =)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rosco_CoF
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semp wrote:

Great post! A++, would read from this again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: